A Favorite Quote

"If you look the right way you can see that the whole world is a garden." from The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Recipe

     At a garden club luncheon last week one of the dishes served was this delicious salad with apples.  I asked my friend Doreen Duncan if I could share her wonderful recipe on my blog and she agreed.  As I ate this salad it made me think of my friend Toni Myers and her wonderful apple orchard.  She has all kinds of apple varieties available for purchase and her store supports missionaries around the world.  The name of her orchard is Faith Orchard. Friends are a blessing from God.  :)
     Thanks for sharing this recipe with us Doreen!
APPLE SPINACH SALAD

1 bunch Romaine lettuce
1 lb fresh spinach
1/2 C cashews
1/2 - 3/4 C dried cranberries (Pat, this is my addition)
2 tart Granny Smith apples - diced and unskinned

Dressing:
1/3 C granulated sugar
1/3 C vinegar - balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 C salad oil
1 t salt
1 t garlic salt

1 t celery salt
1 T poppy seeds
Toss together the Romaine lettuce, spinach, cashews. Mix well the dressing ingredients and add only enough to coat lightly. Add apples and serve immediately as once dressing is applied, leaves begin to get soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. Please leave your thoughts and comments.