A Favorite Quote

"If you look the right way you can see that the whole world is a garden." from The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Spring is Here!

Spring is Here!


It’s been a tough winter. Lots of snow storms. And then rain that seemed to come daily. I haven’t been under the weather, just busy with work and family. Some of my family members had health issues and so I got bogged down with life and writing came last. So I have some blogging to catch up on!

Last week I had the pleasure of speaking at a meeting of the Huntingdon Valley Garden Club. It was great to be with you ladies. We talked about Biblical Gardens and we visited Trudy’s neighbor’s garden and his artist’s workshop. He does beautiful sculptures out of trees and the most unusual renderings using corks from wine bottles.

Afterwards, one of your kind ladies took me to visit the gardens at Bryn Athyn Cathedral. This was a new spot for me. I had never heard of it before. It just so happens that this Cathedral is a National Historic Landmark with the most beautiful Biblical Gardens enveloping it like a designer’s ball gown. Each section of the garden corresponds to a spiritual doctrine taught in their church.

What a delightful day we had. The sun was shining with no clouds in sight. The dogwoods were blooming and I knew without a doubt that Spring was finally here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. Please leave your thoughts and comments.