A Favorite Quote

"If you look the right way you can see that the whole world is a garden." from The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Waterfalls at Longwood Gardens







     On this beautiful June day a friend and I planned a photo shoot at Longwood Gardens.  We both rented electric carts.  Since I've had knee issues these carts are "the greatest thing since sliced bread."  A great way to get around this vast estate.  I have been to Longwood many times but I don't ever recall seeing this waterfall.  It was hidden away in a nook right next to the Italian Water Garden.  Water was the main focus of my shooting today.  I love the sound of the cascading water.  It seemed as if it called to me and held me mesmerized as I stood there admiring it.
     Up in the center of the conservatory I admired the water lilies.  On my way out I saw a lady staring at a lacy plant in the water.  I hadn't noticed it before.  But as I followed her gaze I was blown away by the beautiful design this plant made in the water.  Now, I always try to shoot a picture of the plant tags whenever I shoot plants.  But, of course, I forgot this time and I don't recall what this plant was called.  But I'm sure you will admire the artistic design of it rippling on the water, just as I did.





2 comments:

Welcome to my blog. Please leave your thoughts and comments.